Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I signed up last night but could not wait. I accidently gave

Customer Question

I signed up last night but could not wait for answer. I accidently gave an old email address. I asked about x-es company not paying court ordered garnishment. It was served in May 2014. This has been a six year ordeal. What step do I take to make his company as it says on 2nd sheet of garnishment papers responsible for unpaid garnishment?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Email 12kitzykat24 @ gmail.com
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
He owes $70,000 plus in arrears.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Read something about registering with court the way SSI does child support?
Expert:  Glenn Zimmerman replied 10 months ago.

I would go to the clerk's office and get a copy of the return of service for the garnishment. There should also be an answer from the employer. If they stated that he worked there and that they would withhold , then you can file a request to add them as parties and request the court to order them to show cause why they should not be held in contempt. You will need to be able to show how much they should have withheld and the interest due you. I suggest that you get a local attorney to help that knows child support. You may be able to sign up with your local IV-D agency to asist you. Good Luck.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for reply. there was no answer from employer but for about six months they sent half of the amount they were ordered to. What is IV-D? It is not child support if it were I would have had help 6 years ago. It is for a 62 yr old disabled woman who is having to live on SSDI of $900. I have already spent every penny I could find for the 1st lawyer who did not help. I guess I will just pay you your money and go back to being my own lawyer.

Then the answer and steps are the same. If they sent half the money that means they answered the court. You may not have gotten a copy of the answer, but check the clerk's office. You will still take the steps I outlined, with the exceptiob of getting IV-D help. Good Luck.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR as your previous contributor opted out. Is there additional information you would like or that I could provide you?