FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

My mother has to appear in court TOMORROW "open house party"

Customer Question

My mother has to appear in court TOMORROW for an "open house party" charge. The bond, $500, was paid in November. I found out yesterday that she is to appear in municipal court tomorrow! (She tried to keep this information from me.) I've reached out to try to obtain an attorney to be there, but not sure if that will be possible this late. If she does not have representation, what does she say? Obviously, I'm scared for her. The party was at my house, while my husband & I were out of the country, & involved our 16 year old son. She really didn't know what was going on. My 6 year old was on the couch the entire time (this was according to the police officer that I spoke with that night after a friend called to let me know what was going on.) No one else was charged.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Glenn Zimmerman replied 10 months ago.

What city are you in. I am an Alabama attorney. I suggest you use the phone call option. I will stay online for awhile to aallow you to do this.

You may also private message me.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 10 months ago.

So she was at the house while you were away, caring for the 16 year old and 6 year old? If so, what exactly went on that the police were called and what did your son do?