Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I was married to another man and got pregnant. The guy I got

Customer Question

I was married to another man and got pregnant. The guy I got pregnant by didn't know about til 15 years later. While I was pregnant I dated someone else and he signed an acknowledgement of paternity at the hospital. I later divorced my husband and married the guy that signed the acknowledgement of paternity. Now the bio dad wants a blood test. Can he force me to take one?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

He could certainly seek a paternity test in court. The issue is already complicated for you in that the man you were married to is presumed the dad but then the other guy signed the AOP. This would be enough of factual issue for the biological father to ask for a paternity test.

My research shows that Arkansas has no statute of limitations to establish paternity. You would be entitled to child support if the person asking for the test proves to be the father.

Thanks for signing up for our service. If you still need assistance, I'm here to help. If not, could you kindly "accept" the answer and rate it so that I can be credited and can close it out?