How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11696
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I went through a divorce while working in Afghanistan, I

Customer Question

I went through a divorce while working in Afghanistan, I told the judge what I would agree to in the divorce, but my lawyer wrote the agreement without adhering to my statements and wishes. I believe she sided with my wife and purposely misrepresented me, this was four years ago and now I am having problems. My main agreement was my ex wife could keep the house loan under both our names for three years, as long as she was making payments. It has been four years and she has missed payments many times, my credit rating is getting worse and worse, my lawyer, simply put on the agreement she could keep the house loan in my name as long as she was making the payments. I said 3 years in court, she changed it and did not send me the papers to see she did that for a year. What can I do now?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Did you sign the Marital Settlement Agreement?