Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
26296561

My current wife and I reside in NC. On 2/12/05 we were

Customer Question

My current wife and I reside in NC. On 2/12/05 we were married in St.Thomas, USVI. The other day I was searching a file folder and found our USVI marriage license, it is dated 2/21/05, signed by the magistrate, the prosiding minister who conducted the ceremony, and our destination wedding planner who was the witness Are we legally married?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

While I cannot comment on your specific case, as long as, the marriage was legally registered in St. Thomas, USVI, such marriage would be recognized anywhere in the US and most of the rest of the world.

I wish you the best of luck!