Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

MY GRANDSON HAS A GUARDIAN LITEM,IN SMYTH COUNTY.HE NOW

Customer Question

MY GRANDSON HAS A GUARD***** *****TEM,IN SMYTH COUNTY.HE NOW ELEVEN.FOR THE FIRST TEN YEARS OF HIS LIFE HE WAS RAISED BY HIS GRANDPARENTS,BECAUSE HIS FATHER WAS ON DRUGS,ALCCCCCCCCCCCCHOL AND DIDN.T WORK ALOT.HIS GRANDPARENTS RAISED HIN ON THE DAYS HIS DAD WAS TO HAVE HIM.DURING THE TEN YEARS THE FATHER DIDN'T SPEND A THOUSAND DOLLARS ON HIS SON.HE PAID CHILD SUPPORT HALF OF TEN YEARS AND WE PAID IT REST OF TIME SO WE COULD SEE OUR GRANDSON.HE HAS EQUAL CUSTODY WITH THE MOTHER.SHE HAS TAKEN US TO COURT FOUR TIMES TRYING TO TAKE TANNER AWAY FROM US.BUT THE COURTS THANK GOD HAS RULED IN OUR FAVOR MOSTLY BECAUSE OF AAL THE GRANDPARENTS HAVE DONE.MOTHER HATES GRANDPARENTS BECAUSE SHE IS JEALOUS OF THE LOVE AND ATTENTION WE GIVE TO TANNER.JAMES AND I HAVE PAID ALL THE LEGAL FEES EXCEPT TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ABOUT FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS.SON HAS NOW GOTTEN CLEAN LAST TWO YEARS GOTTEN MARRIED HAD ANOTHER BABY.NEW WIFE HAS PROBLEMS WITH THE FACT SHE THINKS WE LOVE TANNER MORE THAN LITTLE RAVEN SHE IS NOE EIGHTEEN MONTHS OLD.SO SHE HAS TALKED OUR SON INTO TAKEING OUR GRANDSON AWAY FROM US.WE ARE NOT ALLOWED ANY CONTACT WITH OUR GRANDSON.TANNER IS REALLY UPSET SET.HE SAYS THIS WILL ALWAYS BE HIS HOME WHERE HE WAS RAISED.HE TELLS US WHEN HE GOES TO COURT(MOM LIVES IN VIRGINIA HAVE TO BE FOURTEEN GO INFRONT OF JUDGE,FATHER LIVES IN TENN. CHILD CAN BE TWELVE AND GO IN FRONT OF JUDGE}BUT TANNER SAYS WHEN HE GOES TO COURT HE GOING TO TELL THE JUDGE THAT HE WANTS TO STAY AT HIS MOM AND STAY HERE AND JUST GO SEE HIS DAD AND WIFE AND JUST VISIT DURING THE DAY BUT COME BACK HERE AND STAY.HE IS SO UPSET THEY ARE USEING HIM LIKE THIS.WE HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG NOR HAS TANNER.DO WE HAVE ANY RIGHTS?CAN TANNER GO TALK TO HIS GUARD***** *****TEM AND TELL HIM WHAT HE WANTS AND HOW VERY UNHAPPY HE IS?WE TOOK HIS CLASSROOM CHRISTMAS GIFTS TO SCHOOL AND JAMES PASSED TANNER.HE RAN TO JAMES AND GAVE HIM A BIG KISS AND HUG AND TOLD HIM HOW MUCH HE LOVED HIM RIGHT IN FRONT OF ALL THE KIDS.I STAYED IN THE CAR,HE ASK WHERE I WAS HE SAID TELL MY NANA I LOVE HER AND MISS HER.WE ARE VERY CLOSE HE HAS BEEN OUR LIFE AND REASON FOR LIVING THE LAST TEN YEARS.BUT TANNER SAID PAW PAW YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE ASK DAD TO LET ME COME BACK HOME TO YOU AND NANA HE STARTED TO CRY AND WENT INTO THE BATHROOM AND JAES LEFT.PLEASE HELP TANNER FIND A WAY WHERE HE CAN COME SEE THE PEOPLE HE LOVES.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of this situation. To be clear, you - the grandparents - want visits with your grandson?

What steps have you taken to accomplish the visits?