Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their family law questions and I'm experienced in family law litigation.
45002201

I am the NCP, and my child support payments have already

Customer Question

I am the NCP, and my child support payments have already been modified and increased when I finished college and started my job. I started travel nursing and receive per diem pay to help with travel and expense costs. Since the last modification, I went through another divorce and I am the CP and support my child from my second marriage. My second divorce included a long separation where I had to provide for my daughter financially all on my own, pay my current child support, and pay for legal representation. I have collection agencies and so many past due bills that I have yet to address and pay that accumulated during my separation. Will my per diem pay be used to determine an increase in child support payments, and will having another child that I support be taken into consideration?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

Yes. Child support is calculated based on more than just wages. One Texas court specifically said that “the duty to pay support is not limited to an obligor’s ability to pay from current earnings, but also extends to his or her financial ability to pay from any and all sources that might be available." This includes per diem payments.

I hope that answers your question. If not, feel free to ask follow up questions. If so, please remember to "Rate" my answer before you go.