CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I need s lawyer in the Kansas City mo area that deals with

Customer Question

I need s lawyer in the Kansas City mo area that deals with international adoption.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 10 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with specific referrals on this forum (it is against the terms of use for the site), but I can provide you with resources to help you find a local attorney.

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well I was hoping for a name, did not think this was against your policy

It is part of our Terms of Service on the opening page before you post your question.

The reason is that we are a "general legal information" forum - we provide general information and resources to customers, we cannot accept or solicit clients, and we are not permitted to provide specific referrals (all of this is designed to ensure that we are providing unbiased information and to ensure we are not "steering" customers towards specific attorneys or firms).

The resources I provided above are very good. www.AVVO.com in particular is useful as it allows for feedback from other attorneys and clients as well as for attorneys to post additional information about themselves to help you look for counsel. The rest of the information is pulled from the state bar website (so what law school they went to, how long they have been licensed, any disciplinary action, etc.).