Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

Does a person have any type of case against someone one lied

Customer Question

does a person have any type of case against someone one lied and lurred another person into a situation knowingly everything he told the person was lies. The person the lies are being told to has quit her job of 14 years, gave up her home, 401k, insurance, distance from family and as soon as she arrived at the place she would now be living in with a new man turns out to be all different then what he said and he forgot to mention the girlfriend in california and the one in oregon he has
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

There is a principle in law called "Fraud in the Inducement." It pertains to situations where Person A convinces another Person B to take actions by making false statements which Person B relies upon to their detriment.

That principle can support a lawsuit for damages. These are difficult suits to prove, and so you want to talk to a local attorney to assist you. Most attorneys will meet with you to assess your situation at little or no cost.

Here is an example of a case that discusses this concept. It isn't exactly like yours but it will give you an idea about how it works:

http://law.justia.com/cases/alaska/supreme-court/1981/5593-1.html

This site can help you find a local attorney:

http://www.lawyers.com/intentional-torts/alaska/find-law-firms-by-city/

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.