Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

In my divorce decree I am responsible of medical and co-pays

Customer Question

In my divorce decree I am responsible for half of medical and co-pays but my ex sent me a bill from 40 days ago isn't there a reasonable time period she is supposed to send me the bill do I still have to pay this
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Yes, unfortunately you do. Unless the divorce decree says there is a timeline for it to be paid. She can even pay it and ask for reimbursement later on.

One thing you can do is contact the provider to see if they will agree to a lower amount. I do this frequently and they will often reduce by a certain percentage.

I'm sorry I don't have better news. One more suggestion is that if you were to seek a modification to the divorce decree, you could ask for a fixed process for when medical bills are sent to you. If you do not need further assistance, please accept and if you can rate the answer.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for signing up for our service. If you need further assistance, let us know, otherwise, please "accept" the answer. If you are inclined, a positive rating is appreciated.