Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I just recently had a custody modification hearing where my

Customer Question

I just recently had a custody modification hearing where my child support was changed to a higher amount and I was granted the parenting plan B which allows me more visitation my question is however that the original child support addendum says I have to pay half of medical expenses for my son but this recent modification was I assumed in place of the old one and says nothing about paying half of medical am i still under an obligation since the modification does not have language that supports this
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, if a new and subsequent order is silent on an issue in the prior order, then the language on the medical support being 50/50 still applies. Only explicit issues that are changed in the new order overrule the prior order.

Thank you for signing up for our service. If you need further assistance, let us know, otherwise, please "accept" the answer. If you are inclined, a positive rating is appreciated.