Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I have lived at my present residence years. I got married

Customer Question

I have lived at my present residence for 30 years. I got married about 6 years ago. My present wife has never contributed to helping with the house nor expenses of the household. The property is in my name only. Can I make her leave ?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a lawyer licensed in Tennessee. Thanks for your question and I'll be glad to assist.

If this is your marital residence, no you cannot make her leave......short of a court order (which would likely stem from a divorce).

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Thus, there's no way to force her to leave unless you were to file for divorce and ask the court for a restraining order against her that includes an order directing her to vacate the premises.