Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My ex husband is suing of our 3 children and child support.

Customer Question

My ex husband is suing for custody of our 3 children and child support. He is trying to hold me in contempt for withholding the children. I can't afford a lawyer. The divorce is already finalized
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:

1) Have you filed a reply to the motion for contempt, yet?

2) Are there temporary custody orders set while the suit is pending? If so, have you denied him custody when it was his time? If so, then why?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.