LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

Does Kansas have a Head of Household affidavit to put on

Customer Question

Does Kansas have a Head of Household affidavit to put on file for a wage garnishment?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Kansas is one of the states that does not provide any special protection for heads of Household as regards ***** ***** of their wages.

The only limitation on garnishment for most debts/judgments is 25%, with the exception of child support and spousal support arrears which can be more than double that amount.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.

Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,

Doug