Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I am from the state of okla..but now am a resident of

Customer Question

I am from the state of okla..but now am a resident of Pennsylvania. I have a hold on state refunds because of child support due, however I have been living with my fiancee for the last year and I want to file taxes with him because he has been my provider and he should be able to claim me for head of household...what can I do to insure his tax return wont be tampered with?????? PLEASE HELP
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, as long as there is a child support issue, any return your name is ***** ***** be seized for child support. So you are running a huge risk putting your name on your fiancee's return, because it is going to lead to that return being seized. You are going to need to file separate returns until you get your child support situation fixed, because until then they will continue to pursue you with the tax returns.