Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
26296561

Alex, I asked you a question months ago re: whether a

Customer Question

Hi Alex, I asked you a question months ago re: whether a criminal debt is incurred at the time of the criminal activity or when the restitution is ordered by a judge: http://tinyurl.com/zbpqzzh You confidently answered the debt is incurred when ordered by a judge without citing CA code or case law. I have posted the same question twice on Avvo:http://tinyurl.com/gs3ksv7 http://tinyurl.com/zfw9jjl Out of the 6 answers (from licensed CA attorneys), 4 leaned toward debt incurred at criminal activity, and 2 were non-committal. Question: How do you explain the discrepancy? Would you care to clarify or revise your answer, or to refute the responses from the other attorneys?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 11 months ago.

I will stand by my answer, however, as it has been disclosed to you in JA disclaimer and to which you have agreed prior to viewing my answer, the answers provided are only general information and are educational and entertainment purposes only and since each case is unique and requires thorough review before any type of specific legal opinion or legal advice can be given, I would suggest that you do not rely on any free answers / information provided on AVVO.com (since it is a client solicitation website and you get what you pay for) and it is important that you do consult with an experienced local criminal law attorney who can conduct legal research (which is both costly and time consuming and is outside the scope of this general information website) and this local attorney should be able to provide you with a specific legal opinion on your case that you are seeking.

You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:

www.lexmundi.com
www.martindale.com
www.lawyers.com
www.legalmatch.com
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter will be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!