Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I'm seeking dual citizenship, but some of my documentation

Customer Question

I'm seeking dual citizenship, but some of my documentation has been rejected because of discrepancies in spelling of names. I've been informed by the county in Minnesota that holds the documents that I need to get a court order to compel them to amend the documents. I need to find out how to do that!
Submitted: 11 months ago via USmarriagelaws.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Where you born in a hospital? Where?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I need to obtain a court order to compel Hennepin County (Minnesota) to correct the names of my great-grandparents on their marriage certificate, dated 1914. Can you instruct me in how to proceed with that?

Ok. You U.S. Citizen? Your question may have ended up in the wrong forum and I may have to transfer it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm a US citizen trying to be recognized as a dual citizen in Italy.

Ok. Then what you need is more of a family law lawyer that is familiar with the local court processes to have a birth certificate amended. Let me transfer your question. In may take a little while. No need to respond because it can delay the transfer. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My question was never answered!