RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

If available, My wife an I are about to divorce, she

Customer Question

For Lane if available,
My wife an I are about to divorce, she scheduled a mediation meeting to negotiate a separation or divorce agreement in a non-adversarial setting, as far as I know we are meeting a neutral mediato and the goal is an agreement that is fair and acceptable to both of us and our daughter (7yo). We are going to an orientation session, which is provided without charge.Is there anything I should be aware about this first meeting ?thanksFred
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you today.

The orientation process exists so that they can explain to you and your spouse the mediation process, discuss the needs of the child, as well as discuss parenting and the importance of communication between the two of you even after the divorce. Nothing regarding specifics of settlement, custody, visitation, etc. will be discussed during this meeting -it's strictly to get each of you familiar with the process so that you have a better understanding and opportunity to ask questions.

If you need clarification or additional information, please REPLY and I'll be happy to assist you further. Thank you.

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 10 months ago.

If there is nothing further I can assist you with, please kindly remember to leave me a positive rating (3-5 stars) as that is the only way experts are compensated on this site for their time and information, and a portion of you deposit is released to us. Thank you again for using Just Answer!