KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Lawyer and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  13 years of experience practicing law.
8989662

My daughter's husband is a gh powered attorney in NYC. He is

Customer Question

My daughter's husband is a high powered attorney in NYC. He is using his legal skills to harass and stalk my daughter. There have been literally hundreds of threats of litigation, almost daily, for over three years.
What can be done
Category: Family Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I am happy to assist you today.

It doesn't matter if your daughter's husband is an attorney, he can not legally harass her. In fact, his law license has ethical requirements, and that extends to his personal life, so this could even be reported to the bar. She should consider filing for a no contact order, where the judge will say that he can not contact her because his behavior is harassing. He can use a lawyer and communicate with her through the lawyer only. That is really the best result here and something that it sounds like you can prove to the judge with the written communications that she has from him.

Kim