Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

It reads it is the intention of the parties at the residence

Customer Question

It reads it is the intention of the parties at the residence presently rented and under contract to purchase by Karen located at address shall not be affected by this Agreement the parties plan to maintain such property as their principal residence the expense associated with the maintenance of the residents ...to be paid as follow equally by both parties....
Start with a paragraph writing like this in the prenuptial agreement in the event that a divorce was filed with your residence be considered separate property or is it considered joint property?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

This language is very poorly written and there could be other language to help explain this further, but it looks like to me that the residence would be jointly owned and not separate property as it is the principal residence to be paid equally by the parties.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site.

I see you have reviewed my answer, do you have any further questions? If not, please positively rate my answer if satisfied (there should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, a good or excellent rating would be fantastic) as that is the only way I will be compensated by the site for my work. This will not cost you anything extra and this extra step would be appreciated.

Any chance for a positive rating? Feel free to ask any related followup questions, I want you to be a satisfied customer.