Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My friend who is married in California believes her husband

Customer Question

My friend who is married in California believes her husband will abandon her and go and live in Thailand with his Girlfriend. He has already changed his Pension and and benefits to his name only. The marital home which she made no contribution to is over mortgaged beyond its value and she fears being abandoned with no support. There are no children in the marriage. Also he has been married 5 times and never told his wife about this.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me exactly what your question is? For example, "can she get part of his pension even if she is not the beneficiary?"

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.