Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

My dad is in jail in North Dakota. I am 17 yr male and I am

Customer Question

My dad is in jail in North Dakota. I am 17 yr male and I am in juvenile jail. My mom will not help me. Can my dad give permission for me to stay with a family friend or my grandmother? I have a job, school, and girlfriend and need to get out of here asap, or lose my job!
I have been told I might have to stay in jail for 14 days, I am afraid I will not have a job when I get out. I was told foster care was not an option. thank you
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Is the juvenile court requiring that you be released to a parent?

If you need to be released to a responsible adult, then your grandmother or another relative should suffice. If your father still has legal custody, then he should be able to request that one of those family members to custody of you to get out of juvenile detention.

Please positively rate my answer if satisfied (there should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, a good or excellent rating would be fantastic) as that is the only way I will be compensated by the site for my work. This will not cost you anything extra and this extra step would be appreciated.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?

I see you have reviewed my answer, do you have any further questions? If not, please positively rate my answer if satisfied (there should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, a good or excellent rating would be fantastic) as that is the only way I will be compensated by the site for my work. This will not cost you anything extra and this extra step would be appreciated.