FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

My daughter is 10 years old with Cystic Fibrosis. I just

Customer Question

My daughter is 10 years old with Cystic Fibrosis. I just found out that last week her father took her to an Anime event in a large city two hours from home. He dropped her off at this event with a 16 and 15 year old boys. She had no adult supervision. This happened two days in a row. I am wondering the actions I should take. I am worried to leave her with him because he is endearing her life.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Is there any court order in place regarding custody? Are you still married? Just trying to get an idea of the relationship at this time.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Divorced. Yes there is a custody order.

Thank you. You always need to act in the best interest of your daughter and if you feel that she is at risk, when in the care of the father and he makes decisions, which could harm an effect her, then you could consider not leaving him with her, at this time, until this all gets addressed. You would need and want to proceed back to court and ask for restrictions and conditions to be imposed on the father, as a result of her situation and the judgment he exercises. You want to show the Judge that it was not reasonable or safe for her to be left alone at that age and with her condition and in the care of two boys. The Judge can step in that the father be present with her at all times if needed and take other steps to ensure her health and safety.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!