Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Is there a statute that permits me to name a medical

Customer Question

Is there a statute that permits me to name a medical caregiver (e.g. Visiting Angels, etc.) to serve as my representative or "family member" to assist my 91-year old mother in a skilled nursing facility while I am out of state. Specifically to help her get additional exercise time and private personal hygiene time? I typically help her get to and from bathroom for extra cleaning sessions and help her do exercises that the facility is not willing/able (no staff/no Medicare authorization) to provide.
I need a representative to keep this going while I'm traveling, but nursing facility says only their aides, a family member of a certified STNA (at $27/hour) can do this--although they don't have sufficient staff to do these additional functions. Help!
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 11 months ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

Before I can give you a full answer, I need to understand a few things better. When you say that you need a representative to assist your mother, are you looking for documentation to provid the skilled nursing facility? Is your mother mentally capable of making an informed decision on that?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I'm sorry, but I cannot do a live phone call at this time. Would you like to continue with this chat, or would you like for me to opt out and allow another expert to assist you?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I found my answer through another source. I do not wish to use this service and did not get my answer from justanswer.com.

OK