Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

My daughter has an ongoing issue with her daughters farther.

Customer Question

My daughter has an ongoing issue with her daughters farther. He is constantly harassed my daughter my bringing her to court for things that are not true. The courts has this going on for to long and now my granddaughter has been removed because the farther once again went to court and did not notify my daughter of the hearing and the farther was granted custody till feb4th my question is how does one stops all this harassment when the court is allowing the behavior to continued. This is also affecting my granddaughter where she is now threatened to kill people and she is only five My concern is that the farther tells my gran things that are not true like telling her that mom never wanted you etc. The batching has to end sometime and have the law on my daughters side for once.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.

This is really unfortunate but fairly typical. Your daughter simply has to do the same filings that he does. She should ask that any order also include non-disparagement language where one parent cannot badmouth the other parent. Furthermore, ask the court for a parental study and perhaps the court appointed therapist can observe some of this harmful conduct. Also, is he current on child support? If he is late by one day, file for enforcement and contempt (which is jail time). I am surprised his conduct has not been admonished by the judge.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

If you do not need further assistance, please accept and rate the service so that it can be closed out.