Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Im a 59 year old non biological grand faher to my grand kids

Customer Question

im a 59 year old non biological grand faher to my grand kids since they were all born and mygirlfreinds children are like my own for over 13 years my one step daughter had a bad drug issue which i finally got her clean my step daughters children have called me poppie sincee they could all speak the oldest son is super special to me and me to him for the last five years he always came to my home every other wkend and he tells me im like his dad because his real dad never rarely saw him and was found dead 8 months ago he even told me im his real life super hero winning the lotto wouldnt be as nice as what he calls pop but recently his other grand mother took part custody and no longer lets him see me or talk to me and i know hes as broken hearted as i his real mom doesnt care about him and the grandparent that has him was so jelous over our bond she has turned her jelousness into hatred towards me how can i get back myvisits with my grandson super broken hearted pop
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are the children you want visitation with step-children/step-grandchildren from a marriage, or just children of a friend of yours?

2. Did the children live under your roof for any time, and if yes, for how long?

Thanks in advance,

Doug