RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

There was an order of protection poit against me in new

Customer Question

There was an order of protection poit against me in new York. My lawyer wants to call and speak to the protected person but I am worried that this will be seen as a violation of the protective order. Will the protective order be violated if my lawyer contacts the protected person by phone?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you.

This is not a violation. Only your attorney can do that. A personal restraining order prohibits direct and indirect contact. Sending messages through someone else (such as a friend or family member) is indirect contact but the exception is an attorney. You would not get in trouble for that --and I'm sure your lawyer knows that, because they would not not want to do anything that could potentially get you into trouble,

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

If you need further information, please REPLY and I'll be happy to assist you. Otherwise, kindly remember to leave a positive rating (3-5 stars) as that is the only way experts on this site are compensated for their time. A portion of your deposit is not paid to the expert until you leave a positive rating. Thank you.