FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

I need to know --if I get a separation from my husband in

Customer Question

I need to know --if I get a separation from my husband in Chattanooga, can I make him pay any of my living expenses? have only SSI.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 11 months ago.

Good evening. Yes, you may be able to get it ordered, if he has the ability to pay. The TN code allows it and I have provided a link below for you to click on to review the code, so you can see what must be shown and met, for the Judge to award it.

http://herstonlaw.com/alimony-and-spousal-support-in-tennessee

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!