Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Im in south ***** *****. My child just turned 17 and

Customer Question

Customer: Im in south ***** *****. My child just turned 17 and received a car from his father
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The child just turned 17 and since his father bought him the car he has been uncontrollable with the car. he comes and goes as he pleases and if I ground him he goes to his fathers where he is protected. he has now went to his fathers and refuses to come back and his father says there is nothing I can do because he is 17 and can choose where he lives without going to court. the father lives 10 miles away and works 3rd shift most of the week. I have had primary custody since the child was born. Everything was good before the car came into play. the child stayed with me most of the time for all these years and we have our own visitation we do ourselves. How can I get my child back and restore order and stability.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Family Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me what state this is in?

I see you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question?

Hello?