How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 113509
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My youngist child had a case manager who called my olders

Customer Question

my youngist child had a case manager who called my olders child who lives in connecticut and told him that i was taking my youngist sons money he arranged for my olders to become his payee they succided in doing his and my son and his wife and my to grandsons want nothing o do with. my youngist wanted to have me back as his payee he called s.s. and they called me Isaid i would b his payee. nick, his case manager then called my son in ct and told him a bunch of suff that i was suppost to have said. My dauhter sent m pritate message she called me a lier she does not want anything to do with me anymore . so because of what nick told thm i do not have a family anymore just my youngest who lives up here near me. is their anything i can do about this mess.
Submitted: 1 year ago via LawDepot.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the case manager made known false statements about you that has caused you to now have issues with your other child, your recourse is you would have to file a civil suit against the case manager for defamation per se, meaning the allegation of you being a thief is so severe you do not even need to prove that you suffered money damages. Your only option at this point is suing the case manager for the defamation to seek a judgment against them to get this matter resolved.

Related Family Law Questions