How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31200
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter is involved in a drawn out divorce case (over 5

Customer Question

My daughter is involved in a long drawn out divorce case (over 5 months since initial hearing) - 2 yr. old child, issue over custody agreement(s). Her hopefully soon to be ex-spouses mother is the longtime girlfriend of his attorney. Mother in-law has previously been warned by law enforcement to stop driving by house herself or would be charged w/ stalking. The mother-in-law & attorney are continually having her followed, watched, cars parked in front of her house all hours of day & night, etc. Her current attorney seems inclined not to legally retaliate on any issues that have arisen. What can she do legally to stop these continued intimidation and harassment tactics?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Your daughter can seek a restraining order against these people and they would have to stay away and refrain from any contact with her in person, via phone, text, email, etc.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

She can also file harassment criminal charges against these people if they contact her after she has demanded that they cease doing so.