Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My name is ***** ***** under a Order Acceptable (COAP)

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my name is ***** ***** under a Order Acceptable for Processing (COAP) for a federal employee FERS pension what the wording might be to calculate the average 3 last years for salary determination at the time of a divorce instead upon retirement
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes I am getting a divorce and have worked as a federal employee for about 9years and plan on working another 21 before retirement. upon retirement pension they use an avg of the last 3 years salary. i would like to write the COAP to use my avg salary upon divorce instead of at retirement to figure out the % that is given to my spouse
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Family Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us about this matter? Is your spouse willing to accept a COAP with those terms, since that is outside of the ordinary way the pension entitlement is calculated?