Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My mother's will omitted my middle name but gives my date of

Customer Question

My mother's will omitted my middle name but gives my date of birth, stating that the date of birth is conclusive, and further states that she had no other children apart from those named in the will (there are three of us).
Could the omission of my middle name be grounds for my siblings excluding me from the will?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 11 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I suggest the answer is no. The only way there could be a problem is if someone else has your same name as stated in the Will and also your date of birth. But if there is a problem, you could show that you go by that name, have gone by the name, do not regularly use your middle name, prove your Mother always referred to you as the name as in the will and it is your birth date.

Please let me know here, if you have other questions, need more information or clarification in this regard. Otherwise, I would appreciate a positive rating for my time and information. Thank you.