FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

I have primary custody of my child, 5 days out of 7. Before

Customer Question

I have primary custody of my child, 5 days out of 7. Before this order, it was 50/50, due to my child's mother relinquishing time with our child, I would take the time she did not want, with our child. I filed contempt charges against my child's mother recently, because she was relinquishing on of her two days, to work overtime. So, I would take off from my work to have my child an additional day. When I presented this information to the judge, she told me that's what I am suppose to do and she dismissed my contempt charges. So, this recent judge contradicts what the judge that made the order wrote. Where can I go to file charges or make a complaint against this judge?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If you think there was judicial misconduct, you can file a complaint with the Board and the actions of the Judge can be investigated. I have provided the link below, for you to do this with the forms. However, if the issue is that you think the Judge did not follow the law, then you could 1) ask for a rehearing and bring the Judges attention to certain factors or 2) file an appeal.

http://judicialconductboardofpa.org/filing-a-complaint/

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.