Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I am in veterans court program in Fayette County, Kentucky.

Customer Question

I am in veterans court program in Fayette County, Kentucky. My actual probation ended May 2015. I continue to serve sanctions for not being able to produce a specimen. I'm dealing with depression and diagnosed with ptsd, anxiety disorder as well as Borderline personality disorder. What happens if I serve all my jail time in sanctions?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you continue to not be able to produce a specimen, then at some point you need to get an attorney to ask for the court to order a blood test based on your psychological disorder that causes you to not to be able to produce the specimen. if you cannot afford an attorney you can go to the public defender's office to get one of their free attorneys to represent you in filing a motion with the court to allow a blood test instead of urine test.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What happens if I serve all of my jail time in sanctions? Do I get discharged?
Thank you for your reply.
Actually, no you do not get discharged, because the time for sanctions is for contempt of court, not for your actual criminal violation. So, you need to clear up this problem because they could essentially make you "do life one contempt sanction at a time" as the saying goes.