Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

How can I make my exgirlfriend leave my house in a hopefully

Customer Question

how can I make my exgirlfriend leave my house in a hopefully peaceful manner? details are I have known her for 2yr or so..after her 2nd time in jail (don't tell me how stupid I am / and the charges she has against her she had acquired before I was in the picture) she seemed sincere about the life change thing and I fell for it..well she is a complete and total bum and I have tried many many times to rally her back to life .. she wont and I want to go back to my previous life..talking is a waste of breath for I have gave up..HELP!!
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, once you have allowed her to live with you, if she will not leave when you asked her, the law treats her like a tenant. This means you need to give her written notice to leave in 30 days or be sued for eviction. If she still refuses to leave after the 30 day written notice, then you have to go to the local court and file a suit for eviction against her and serve her a copy of the suit and summons to appear. She will then have to appear in court and the court will give her 5 days to leave or be removed by the local sheriff.