Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Mother was recently awarded full custody of 13 and 10 year

Customer Question

Mother was recently awarded full custody of 13 and 10 year old - when they went to visit their father 5 hours away in a different state - both boys now say they want to stay with father. Father says he can't do anything to make boys come back - what are we to do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The father legally has no choice but to return the children to the mother let he court's order. If he fails or refuses to do so, the mother can file contempt charges against the father to recover the children.....also, the father could be jailed or fined -- or both -- until the children are returned.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Thus, it's not acceptable to say that he can't do anything with his minor children -- the law considers rhat the father or mother control the children and they shall direct what the child does.