Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

Lawson. Went to court in Missouri on Dec. 17th. Ex didn't

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Lawson. Went to court in Missouri on Dec. 17th. Ex didn't show up. Court adopted the dissolution of divorce. Now my ex says he won't follow it because he didn't sign it. We are having issues regarding his visitation, etc. that he refuses to follow. He also works full-time but won't give me his work schedule because court order states his girlfriend can't watch our 2 kids when he's not there for more than 6 hours
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He and his girlfriend moved in together before the divorce was final. He is to have kids every other weekend at 10 am. He works most weekends, and his girlfriend watches kids while he is at work. I feel she is not an appropriate person to watch my kids due to things she has said/done. She also gave my kids sleeping aids (they are 3 and 7 ) while over there which I would never approve of. Because of this the court ordered my ex couldn't be gone more than 6 hours with her watching them. He is supposed to return them by 8 p,.m., but is also refusing to do that and says he's not going to follow that order, since he didn't sign that. The court did order that, and he would have known that had he gone to court or bothered to get a copy of the petition.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Family Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes that's fine
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

If the court adopted this order and provided language regarding visitation, this language will control whether or not your ex signed it or not. As soon as the judge signs the order it is valid and must be followed by both parties. If he is not co.plying with the order then you can take him back to court and either reduce visitation or could be held in contempt by the judge as well as possibly pay your attorneys fees in bringing forth the motion. You need to contact your attorney to enforce the order if your ex continues to not comply.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site.

I see you reviewed my answer, please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, an excellent or good rating would be fantastic. I want you to be satisfied so I will continue to answer any questions you may have and I thank you in advance for completing this extra step as it will not cost you any additional money.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?