RONB-ESQ
RONB-ESQ, Lawyer
Experience:  Right of Way Manager at Access Midstream Partners, LP
90553395

My Sister has serious Mental Issues and Admits it but

Customer Question

My Sister has serious Mental Issues and Admits it but Refuses to get Help - She thinks its a waste of Money !!!! Instead of having her Family around to see how Bad she has gotten, she keeps us away !!! We haven't seen her Boys in 2Years !!!! We've all Witnessed her Verbal and Emotional Abuse to and around the Boys. What can we do to see the 2 Boys ?????
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Also in the event you are new to JA, I only receive a portion of what you pay to JA when you provide positive feedback and click the submit button on the upper right corner of your page. If I have provided you a timely response and answered your question please give me the courtesy of a positive rating before you log off the site, as many people forget to log back in and leave feedback. There is no additional charge for continuing to reply after you have rated me and we can continue a back and forth discussion until the question you posed has been fully answered

You should see my answer in the same pane below this response as we continue. In the event you would prefer a phone call please let me know and I can arrange it. It tends to be easier for both parties if you just tell me you want a phone call and let me send you the request versus using JA’s automated “request a call” feature. If you see a pop up regarding a phone call please note that the website generated that offer. Before I send you any such request it will typically be based on you requesting it by typing the request on the screen and then I will send you a phone call offer. Do note that a phone call is not required and we can continue here just typing comments back and forth.

You should be able to view my answer just below this response as we continue….

I couldn't sleep so I am catching up on some things and saw your question. I am sorry you are having to deal with this and it is hard enough to watch a sibling deal with mental illness, but harder to see children forced to deal with something they were never asked about most likely.

While the constitution prevents the Court's from taking away a person's rights even when it is likely best for them, it does allow for you to intervene into the parent/child relationship. You don't mention the location of the father or if he is involved and the age of the children would play into this as well.

If you can substantiate the abuse caused on the children one option is to seek custody through the family court. You would need to seek custody of the children and though things might get unpleasant it may in the children's best interest. Ultimately, the family court judge is required to rule based on the best interest of the children. If you could afford to retain a local family law attorney I would recommend that you setup a consult with one. You can usually get a 30 minute consult for free from most and at that time he/she could confirm your options and give you an idea as to what they would charge to handle the matter.

If you don't have the money to pay for an attorney you could always contact the Department of Children and Families. http://www.nj.gov/dcf/reporting/how/ this is a link to their page. Here you can file a complaint of neglect or abuse and make them aware that you are available for placement if they place the children outside the home. The only challenge with them is they have no obligation to report back to you what they discovered and sometimes children get caught in these governmental systems and its hard to get them back. If you retain your own attorney you will have more control of the outcome and you will also know the fully extent of any abuse or neglect.

I may take a nap later, but I will be available most of the day today for any follow up questions or if you need me to clarify one of my answer.

In case you are new to Just Answer I wanted to let you know that I am just an attorney setting at my home office and do not work directly for them. After you leave positive feedback (good-excellent) then I get a portion of what you paid JA. Thank you in advance for leaving positive feedback before you log off. Do note that after leaving positive feedback you are welcome to reply here with any follow up questions you have related to your original question for free as long as needed.

Regards,

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

I wanted to check in with you and confirm that you did not have any further follow up questions for me from the answers I provided to you on the 26th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not received a rating. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can go directly to my page for future questions by going here: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-ron-b/?rpt=3800

Regards, Ron

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

In case you are new to Just Answer I wanted to let you know that I am just an attorney setting at my home office and do not work directly for them. After you leave positive feedback (good-excellent) then I get a portion of what you paid JA. In the event you do not leave feedback I receive nothing for the time I spent assisting you. Thank you in advance for leaving positive feedback before you log off. Do note that after leaving positive feedback you are welcome to reply here with any follow up questions you have related to your original question for free as long as needed.

Regards,

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

In case you are new to Just Answer I wanted to let you know that I am just an attorney setting at my home office and do not work directly for them. After you leave positive feedback (good-excellent) then I get a portion of what you paid JA. Note that if you do not leave feedback I receive nothing for the time I spent answering your question. Thank you in advance for leaving positive feedback before you log off. Do note that after leaving positive feedback you are welcome to reply here with any follow up questions you have related to your original question for free as long as needed.

Regards,

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

Regards, Ron