Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

Can the grandparents and husband take children from home buy

Customer Question

can the grandparents and husband take children from home buy force
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

Legally both parents have equal rights to their children. If there are no court orders in effect then if you take the child the police will not get involved because there are no orders as long as the father can show he is in fact the children's biological father, but if you take they took the children by force (depending on how much force) the could be problems with assault and battery, etc. I strongly suggest that you also file a petition in the family court ASAP to establish custody, and placement before the father does. So to answer your question, both parents have equal rights to teh children until a court decides what parent should have custody.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?