Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am not sure if my question went through. I would like to

Customer Question

I am not sure if my question went through. I would like to talk to Doug, the attorney I was working with a while back. He is very helpful and already knows my situation.
RE: Live in Arizona, bought house together with fiancé and I am having problems with domestic violence. I am out of the country and I would like to consult with him. Thank you!
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

Thanks for asking for me.

I will be working only very briefly today, off and on. I would be happy to speak with you. We discussed a call in an earlier conversation and I will make that offer to you. Because a call won't tie me up for hours, as writing back and forth often does, I can do that today if you'd like.

You haven't mentioned what the nature of your new question is and if you could give me an idea of that when you accept the call offer I would appreciate it greatly.

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Doug, thank you for responding my request. I would love to talk but I am out of the country. I don't know if you would like me to call or if you could be able to call me collect.
The nature of the call is, my "husband" and I came to Brazil to spend the holidays with my family. We have a house together in Arizona. We had another fight in our hotel and he is leaving to the US and is threatening me to obtain a restraining order against me so I can't go back to our home in Oro Valley. I think he has my purse with money, credit cards, drivers license identification and etc.
The home is in both our names. I am not sure if you can reference the issues from my previous posts.
My questions are:
1- can he for no reason get a restraining order against me?
2- I have my possessions, documents, jewelry and money at the house. Can I have a neighbor get them for me while he is away? I think he will be so mad and might throw my things away.
3- is there a way I can get a protection order from here?
4- are you available to represent me or would you have a refferral?
5- can I have the house blocked from entry?I have not filed a report with the police regarding the violent assault even though the police came. I also have reported my purse and my belongings missing.
I did seek medical help and I have to wait for about a week to have the report. I do have the emergency room bill.Any information would be very appreciated.Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My questions are: