LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

Our grandaughter tested positive in the custody of the mom,

Customer Question

Our grandaughter tested positive for marijuana in the custody of the mom, who has a medical card. We called cps and they ordered testing for17 montholdbaby. What happens now?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of the situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If the baby tests positive, CPS will likely remove both children from the home and place them with relatives or a foster home. If the baby is clean, and CPS cannot show that mom provided the pot to the daughter, then nothing is likely to happen.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best this holiday season,

Doug