Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I moved from Alabama in October of last year. I devorced in

Customer Question

Customer: I moved from Alabama in October of last year. I devorced in 2008, but my ex-wife lives with me. No tax returns have been filed jointly at anytime of our relationship. All bills of my house are in my name. What leagle ties do I have in resolving this relationship?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I want to resolve the relationship, but she will not move from my house. She has bank notes in her name in Alabama and all house notes utility bills are in my name.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Employment Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You have no legal ties to her. She is your ex wife and it is no different than living with a roommate or moving a girlfriend into YOUR home. If you want her out, give her written 30 day notice to vacate and if she refuses, you would treat her just like any other tenant and you will file a suit against her for eviction and serve her and the court will order her to get out.