Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

I was wondering if extending a vacation, while on it, Would

Customer Question

I was wondering if extending a vacation, while on it, Would break court orders.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please read attachment to help in answering my question. Also would like to add St. John for the location
Expert:  Samuel II replied 11 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel.

When you say "extend" the vacation - do you mean for instance you are only to be away for 10 days and then decide to make it 11 or more days?

Or do you mean changing the itinerary while you are on vacation?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Instead of returning on dec 25, return on jan 3. We would want to fly to st Jon after Florida. So we would have to change the intinerary

It would only be ok, if you still are entitled to the your visit up and until Jan 3. If the Father is to have the kids back before that, then I suggest it would be a violation because you are then interfering with his time. However, once you decide the vacation will be extended, you should provide that information to the Father and note that you are providing it as soon as you possibly could. And also you will want to be sure that you are providing all contact, flight and arrival home information as soon as you make the decision even if it is after you are already on vacation.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
He doesn't have any upcoming scheduled time with them bc his current parent time plan has been suspended

Ok. Thank you. Then there should be no issues. Again, I suggest that once you know your Extended travel plans, that you need to provide the itinerary, etc with contact information as the Order states.

But other than that, there should be no problems.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you

You're welcome. Good Luck. Have fun and most of all Happy Holidays!

Just keep the Father posted.