Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
19958803

My name is ***** ***** .Thank you so much .I understand the

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ***** .Thank you so much for answering .I understand the legal rights that the mistress has over my father but can she put my mother's name in the head stone that she owns even though my mother is alive and living with me? so can I buy a lot and put anybodies name in the head stone if I want too?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the second wife of my father bought a lot in a cemetery because my father died a year ago and she just put the head stone today with my father's name ,her name and my mother's name .My mother is alive with alzheimers and living at my house.I take care of her and pay all her needs and the mistress decided to burried my mother in her lot went she dies.Is it legal to put my mothers name in the head stone?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Family Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 11 months ago.

Hello again,

.

but can she put my mother's name in the head stone that she owns even though my mother is alive and living with me? so can I buy a lot and put anybodies name in the head stone if I want too?

.

Unfortunately yes. When you own a headstone, you can have whatever you want inscribed on it as it is your personal property.

.

I am not sure why the second wife would want to do this, because it is up to the executor of mother's estate as to where she is buried once she passes. And presumably, if they were divorced and father had remarried, she wouldn't want to be buried next to the man who left her for another woman..

.

Once again, I am sorry that the news isn't better...

.

.

thanks