MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

If I have a concealed weapon permit from the state of South

Customer Question

If I have a concealed weapon permit from the state of South Carolina, and travelling by air to LAX, CA, and driving back to SC, what do I need to do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

You will not be able to concealed carry in California. You can still have the gun, just not concealed carry. Also, you are not permitted to have magazines with a capacity of more than 10 rounds in California.

As to the other states, the only states that have reciprocity with South Carolina as far as concealed carry goes are the following: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Idaho (Enhanced Only), Kansas, Kentucky,Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio,Oklahoma, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

You will not be able to conceal carry in all other states.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Alright, cannot conceal, do I have to have it out in the open? Do I have to disable it? I don't plan on having any sort of ammo, as I am picking up my boyfriend (I hate that word) in CA, from prison. Then driving back to SC once he is released from Parole. I am thinking maybe the gun isn't a good idea at all. He suggested it because he is worried about my safety. I am a Carolina girl, not CA.

You do not have to have it out in the open. You can keep it in the vehicle. If you are picking him up and he is a convicted felon, you shouldn't even have the gun in the vehicle as that could be a violation of his probation.

Please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.