Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

The father of my son owes more then 2500 in past child

Customer Question

Customer: the father of my son owes more then 2500 in past child support. Yet when i try to start the process of passport denial, my state tells me that they only help people who are receiving government benefits and not people who used courts to obtain cort ordered child support. makes no sence
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what more details do you want?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Family Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes; so if they cant help me I do not pay?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I understand you are trying to begin the process of passport denial due to nonpayment of child support.

Are you trying to use governmental services to assist you in doing this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
as indicated in my question - the state agency told me they cant assist me to start the process of passport denial because I obtained court imposed child support by myself rather then going through them

The U.S. Passport Agency automatically receives information from a database kept by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). The information in this database originally comes from county district attorney offices that work on child enforcement, which reports support amounts owed (“arrearages”) to DHHS.

Therefore, you should contact the local district attorney to notify DHHS.