MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

What are my legal rights with Child Protective Services in

Customer Question

What are my legal rights with Child Protective Services in cases where children are removed from a household?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Your legal rights in this situation depend entirely upon which part of the process you are in and why the child has been removed from your custody.

The following link provides useful information on many questions parents typically have in these situations: http://www.parentsinaction.net/english/Legal/KnowYourFamilyRights.htm

You are well within your legal rights to contest why CPS has stepped in and to request a formal hearing in front of a judge to address the matter if you feel that CPS is being unfair in their investigation.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.