LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
63726236

Is there a legal method of changing my name and social

Customer Question

Is there a legal method of changing my name and social security number? And second most importantly, did I select the correct legal type (Family Law)? Should I have selected a different type of law specialty?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 12 months ago.

Is the name change due to a divorce?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Surprisingly yes. But not for my wife, for me. My wife has for 26 years applied for and partially paid bills. She even applied fo4r and got a new Chrysler 300. Sometimes the only vway I know she applied for something is when someone miswses a payment. Tyhen they want me. If I'm going to start a new life, it shouldn't be with me worrying if or when she will do it again., She knows that I would never involve the authorities against her

OK; a few minutes please.

Here is information on a social security number name change: https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/Article/3789/Can-I-change-my-Social-Security-number

As you will see, you will need to convince them that it is causing undue harassment. Then they will issue a new number. Let me get the name change info.

Here is the information on the name change including forms -

http://www.georgialegalaid.org/resource/change-names-for-adults-gwinnett

they will generally approve a name change for an adult, so long as its purpose is not to defraud third parties.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thank you for using JA. If you have further questions please post here and I will reply. Otherwise kindly rate Positively so the site credits me for assisting you today. Thank you and take care!