Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
19958803

Got married about 10 year s ago wife left the country about

Customer Question

Got married about 10 year s ago wife left the country about 5years can not find her how do I file for divorce, no children
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

If your spouse is not able to be located, then you can still get a divorce, you would just need to file the petition for divorce, and then explain to the judge that she is gone out of the country. Then the judge can allow you to get "service by publication" which is where you put an ad in the paper once a week, typically for 2-3 weeks and then the judge considers that to be good service so you can proceed with a default divorce.

.

.

thanks